Auto Fire v0.6.04: SIX Build Update!
On September 1, Auto Fire was demoed at the Seattle Indies Expo, a companion exhibition that took place near PAX West in Seattle. It was an exciting time and an exciting place to be, where 25 local game developers showed their stuff in a chill environment where players could interact directly with creators.
The good news for those of you who didn't make it out there is that there are a ton of updates that came in to make that demo play well, and you can now check them out!
- Made changeover of interactions in the direction of social media to start to push the build-your-following gameplay.
- Fame is now "likes" and bosses now have their own followers that reflect their level of fame.
- Dialogue is now flavored as a chat/twitter interface. More of this to come.
- A media drone can now follow the player and take shots of their kills for extra fame. The specific drone loadout slot is coming soon.
Gamepad and Controls
- Revised gamepad controls! A button drives, B button brakes, B button enters location.
- D-Pad will aim vehicle weapons if not in targeting mode.
- You can now select all squares with the cursor keys or gamepad when the vehicle is aiming diagonally (it had "the bishop's limitation" before this)
- Improved the inventory and loadout to better work with keyboard and gamepad. There still is a bug with the gamepad if you have a lot of items when loading out.
- Gamepad buttons have cooldowns before auto-repeat.
- Gamepad move marker now renders through the world if you are controlling next to a wall.
UI and Presentation
- The speedometer is now centered onscreen, and the boost key is hinted when the player reaches the 40 mph "safe" speed.
- Resources have been moved to the right side, and the armor is now in the lower-left, making for a less-cluttered interface.
- Icons now fly to their locations onscreen with some more panache.
- Easier to buy and sell in the store.
- Loadout popup is easier to use.
- Gamepad buttons are now prompted, and are put up instead of key tips if the gamepad is currently in use.
- New key art is used for the title and loading screen.
- Fixed some sounds in the store.
- Cleaned up the targeting panel somewhat.
- Tutorial dialogue and loading screen hints now include some gamepad hints.
- Armor panel now uses an alternate visual
- Offscreen objective pointer now pulses and shows over more UI elements.
- There is an invisible, harmless barrier behind the exit square on terrain maps. This keeps players from moving "past".
- Loot drops now include a large variety of new drops, including some weapons with modifiers (such as high-density machineguns).
- New levels of tires, armor, ram plates were all created.
- The multi-rocket damage was brought down significantly, it was pretty silly.
- Adjusted the price of repairs (chassis costs twice as much, armor costs half as much) and gas.
- Large cities (the 5x5 ones) no longer generate in the overworld. They were cool but just stupidly complicated to get through.
- Fixed some agent names so that females don't get stuck with a male surname that looks like a first name.
- Fixed some bad results from the procedural boss quotes.
You can download the newest gameplay (linked below) or check out this quick video showing some of the revised gameplay/gamepad experience:
Get Auto Fire
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.