A downloadable game for Windows
Auto Fire is a transformation of the great auto combat games of the 1980’s: Car Wars, Autoduel, and Roadwar 2000. It adds the dynamic world-building, player advancement and careful combat planning of Roguelikes to the rough, outlaw environments of the Mad Max series and classic western films. Build out your car, dispense vehicular justice, haul some cargo, and build a name for yourself in a world where the only way to thrive is to drive.
Only pay if you want to support the effort... This is a WORK IN PROGRESS build! There are a ton of features not yet implemented, but please try it out free of charge to get a sense of what the game will be like.
The current platforms are 64-bit and 32-bit Windows only (for now). We totally recommend a non-mobile video card for performance.
- Overworld allows player to move between cities and outposts, and between sectors.
- Combat driving in either the outposts or ruined cities.
- Each location has a generated faction controlling it and a boss to go with it.
- Basic quest system will direct you to take out the boss to clear the area.
- Dynamic camera and VFX based on speed.
- The faster you travel, the more turns you get.
- Experiment with grip and skids... Get comfortable with drifting.
- Stop by garages for repairs or equipment installation.
- Return to citadels to buy/sell equipment, and take on courier missions.
Soon to come:
- Improved progression arc. No real balance as of yet.
- More weapons, equipment and enemies.
- Special maneuvers like bootleggers and charge rams.
- Encounters on the overworld map.
- Citadel contains additional courier missions, arena duels, and a bar for rumors.
- Fame and skill progression tracking, with media coverage of select combats.
- Target painting, sustained fire, and other ways to increase or decrease the chances of.
For more up-to-date information , follow the Vertigames blog!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Auto Fire v0.5.08 - Controls, Couriers and Citadels4 days ago
- Auto Fire v0.5.7 - General fixes and visual cleanup39 days ago
- Auto Fire v0.5.06 - Mines! Flaming Oil! Vehicle choices!44 days ago
- Auto Fire v0.5.05 - Boss fights and more57 days ago
- Auto Fire v0.5.02 - Faster exteriorsOct 29, 2018
- Musings on Auto Fire visualsOct 23, 2018
- Auto Fire v0.5.01 - Skidding ImprovementsOct 16, 2018
- Status Update - Oct 2018Oct 05, 2018