A downloadable game for Windows
"It's become a game of chess, by wheel and trigger."
Auto Fire is a reinterpretation of the great auto combat games of the 1980's: Car Wars, Autoduel, Roadwar 2000, and others. It combines the tactical combat planning, dynamic world-generation, and player advancement of Roguelikes with outlaw landscapes, decked-out cars and the ongoing quest for fame. Refine your vehicle, take on missions and build a name for yourself in a world where the only way to thrive is to drive.
This is a WORK IN PROGRESS build! Until the game is closer to feature complete, no donation is needed! There are a number of features not yet implemented, but please try it out to get a sense of what the game will be like. Your feedback in the forums is also appreciated!
The current platforms are 64-bit and 32-bit Windows only (for now). We totally recommend a non-mobile video card for performance.
- Overworld allows player to move between cities and outposts, and between sectors.
- Combat driving in either the outposts or ruined cities.
- Each location has a generated faction controlling it and a boss to go with it.
- Basic quest system will direct you to take out the boss to clear the area.
- Dynamic camera and VFX based on speed.
- The faster you travel, the more turns you get.
- Experiment with grip and skids... Get comfortable with drifting.
- Stop by garages for repairs or equipment installation.
- Return to citadels to buy/sell equipment, and take on courier missions.
Soon to come:
- Improved progression arc. No real balance as of yet.
- More weapons, equipment and enemies.
- Special maneuvers like bootleggers and charge rams.
- Encounters on the overworld map.
- Citadel contains additional courier missions, arena duels, and a bar for rumors.
- Fame and skill progression tracking, with media coverage of select combats.
|Updated||6 days ago|
|Made with||Unity, Adobe Photoshop, Audacity|
|Tags||3D, combat, Procedural Generation, Roguelike, Singleplayer, Tactical, Turn-based, Turn-Based Combat, vehicle|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Links||Steam, Blog, Twitter|
Unzip anywhere you like and run autofire.exe, or use the Itch.io app for easier install and patches.
- Auto Fire v0.6.06: Perk-olation6 days ago
- Boom.15 days ago
- Auto Fire v0.6.05: Advancing the Experience20 days ago
- Rammalamma27 days ago
- Big big big news!29 days ago
- Slo-mo Auto Ballet32 days ago
- Auto Fire v0.6.04: SIX Build Update!43 days ago
- New art from an exciting guest artist!60 days ago