A downloadable game for Windows
Auto Fire is a reinterpretation of the great auto combat games of the 1980's: Car Wars, Autoduel, Roadwar 2000, and others. It combines the dynamic world-generation, player advancement and careful combat planning of roguelikes with the rough, outlaw environments of the Mad Max series and classic western films. Refine your vehicle, take on missions and build a name for yourself in a world where the only way to thrive is to drive.
This is a WORK IN PROGRESS build! Until the game is closer to feature complete, consider it free! There are a ton of features not yet implemented, but please try it out to get a sense of what the game will be like. Your feedback in the forums is also appreciated!
The current platforms are 64-bit and 32-bit Windows only (for now). We totally recommend a non-mobile video card for performance.
- Overworld allows player to move between cities and outposts, and between sectors.
- Combat driving in either the outposts or ruined cities.
- Each location has a generated faction controlling it and a boss to go with it.
- Basic quest system will direct you to take out the boss to clear the area.
- Dynamic camera and VFX based on speed.
- The faster you travel, the more turns you get.
- Experiment with grip and skids... Get comfortable with drifting.
- Stop by garages for repairs or equipment installation.
- Return to citadels to buy/sell equipment, and take on courier missions.
Soon to come:
- Improved progression arc. No real balance as of yet.
- More weapons, equipment and enemies.
- Special maneuvers like bootleggers and charge rams.
- Encounters on the overworld map.
- Citadel contains additional courier missions, arena duels, and a bar for rumors.
- Fame and skill progression tracking, with media coverage of select combats.
For more up-to-date information , follow the Vertigames blog!
Unzip anywhere you like and run autofire.exe, or use the Itch.io app for easier install and patches.
- Auto Fire v0.5.13: Big Week!12 hours ago
- Auto Fire v0.5.12: The Spruceining10 days ago
- Auto Fire v0.5.11: Way too many changes!28 days ago
- Auto Fire v0.5.10: Quality of Life73 days ago
- Auto Fire v0.5.09: Better Combat, Better Cities, New Weapons!78 days ago
- Changes: The Practical and the Pretty79 days ago
- Auto Fire v0.5.08 - Controls, Couriers and CitadelsFeb 18, 2019
- Auto Fire v0.5.7 - General fixes and visual cleanupJan 14, 2019