My keyboard doesn't have a keypad. Only the arrow keys work. About about enabling WASD keys?
Auto Fire v0.5.08 - Controls, Couriers and Citadels
It's been a month or so since the last update, but a lot has gone down since then!
- You asked for it! Using the forward key ("Accelerate") will cap your speed at 40 mph so you don't accidentally go faster than you want and crash into things.
- Speed is still vital in some situations! A separate key ("Boost") accelerates beyond 40 to your vehicle's maximum (as before).
- Shift-Up or Keypad + both work as Boost.
- Cities now are menu-driven, and contain garages, shops and loading docks.
- Citadels now look occupied and are easy to spot.
- You can now buy or sell equipment properly at the Ike's franchise in each citadel.
- Items that are installed are now noted in the inventory and sell panels.
- The player can take on Courier Missions at any loading dock at a citadel.
- Cargo can be delivered to its destination (a location in this sector or a neighboring sector for now) for a payout.
- Alternately, the player can salvage the cargo for its cash value. This will eventually mess with your reputation. :-)
- A quest is automatically assigned when you take on cargo, so you can review your cargo destinations in the quest panel.
- Bosses automatically assign you a kill quest when you enter a boss-occupied area.
- You can abandon missions successfully using the mission panel, which will dump the associated cargo as well.
- The overworld now have more points of interest.
- Cleaned up/improved road generation pathfinding.
- Single-tile obstructions like water towers and windmills now have a decal and more ground-level detail to help keep players from running into them.
- A map's fog of war is now saved between areas... that is, if you return to a previously-explored area, the uncovered areas are kept visible.
- Roads now have an normal-looking exit off the edge of the map in terrain/mountainous areas.
- Soldiers now ragdoll when killed.
- Vehicles are now thrown in an appropriate direction on death based on the incoming damage and the vehicle's speed.
- General transition improvements between areas.
- Dogs are no longer a different faction from gang members (they shouldn't fight each other)
- Armor repair pickups have reduced effectiveness now (20 -> 10 points per side)
- Body repair pickups have reduced effectiveness now (25 -> 20 points)
- The developer console previous spat out a bunch of errors because of my crimes against data storage. These crimes have been rectified.
- The loadout screen would periodically break, this should no longer be the case.
- Other general asserts and exceptions.
Get Auto Fire
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hi there! You can play with arrow keys to move and WASD keys to shoot. For that combination you can use:
- Ctrl-Left/Right to hard turn
- Shift-Left/Right to Swerve
- Shift-Fwd to Boost.
I also put in an old-school layout for those with laptops or history with the crustiest of applications:
- I/comma: Accelerate/Decelerate
- J/L: Turn 45 degrees Left/Right
- U/O: Swerve Left/Right
- M/period: Sharp Turn Left/Right
- Space: Wait/Coast
You can always get the controls info by pressing F1! A remap screen is on my short list of upcoming features (also so you can control the volume :-)